Traveling can be a wonderful experience for families and individuals, but it can pose unique challenges for those with autism. Finding accommodation that understands and caters to the specific needs of individuals on the autism spectrum is essential for a stress-free and enjoyable trip. Here, we’ve curated a list of the top 10 autism-friendly hotels around the world that provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for guests with autism and their families.
1. Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, BahamasAtlantis Resort in the Bahamas offers sensory-friendly rooms and an autism support team. The “Atlantis Adventures” program is tailored for children on the spectrum.
2. Great Wolf Lodge, Multiple LocationsWith multiple locations across the United States, Great Wolf Lodge is a water park resort designed with sensory sensitivities in mind. It offers quiet rooms and a calm bedtime routine.
3. Morgan’s Wonderland Camp, San Antonio, TexasMorgan’s Wonderland Camp provides fully accessible cabins and a camp experience tailored to individuals with special needs, nestled in the tranquil Texas Hill Country.
4. Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Oahu, HawaiiDisney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii is equipped with autism-friendly services and accommodations. Their “Keiki Club” offers inclusive activities, and staff is trained to accommodate sensory needs.
5. Sesame Place, Langhorne, PennsylvaniaSesame Place is the world’s first autism-certified theme park, offering quiet rooms and sensory guides to ensure an enjoyable experience for all.
6. Legoland, Multiple LocationsLegoland locations worldwide provide sensory accommodations, such as quiet spaces and sensory packs, creating a fantastic destination for families with children on the autism spectrum.
7. Park Inn by Radisson, Berlin, GermanyThe Park Inn by Radisson in Berlin is recognized for its autism-friendly practices, including sensory rooms and social stories for guests to familiarize themselves with the hotel.
8. The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, Grand CaymanThe Westin Grand Cayman offers an autism-friendly environment with trained staff and sensory rooms, all set in a stunning beachfront location.
9. Holiday Inn Resort, Orlando, FloridaThe Holiday Inn Resort in Orlando provides autism-friendly rooms and is conveniently located near popular attractions like Disney World and Universal Studios.
10. The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman– Known for its exceptional service, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, offers sensory-friendly amenities and a peaceful beachfront setting for a luxurious, accommodating stay.
When planning your next vacation, consider these autism-friendly hotels for a memorable and inclusive experience. These accommodations have made significant strides in ensuring that travel is accessible and enjoyable for all, and they’re a testament to the progress being made in the hospitality industry.Contact Us More Blogs Volunteer